10 Celebrity Beauty Tricks Every Woman Should Know November 03, 2015 13:00
Celebrities are constantly under pressure about their looks and regularly work with make-up artist, stylists and people in the fashion and beauty industry. So they pick up tips and learn how to maximise their beauty efforts, even when tight with time, on-the-go, or without all their beauty products immediately available. So watch out for their beauty tips: they are more practical (and cheaper) than you might expect.
1. Candice Swanepoel’s eyes: If you want to look a little more awake use a cream pencil on the inside of your eye, it opens up your eyes, says Candice. Put a shimmer in the corners…it makes it pop.
The inner part of Candice’s eyes is cream/white, and the area between her eyes and nose highlighted with a dash of shine. Photo: fanshare.com
2. Taylor Swift’s red lips: There are tricks I’ve learned from makeup artists on shoots. They put on the red lipstick, then blot it with a tissue, then they put powder over the tissue and sort of press it onto your lips. Then re-apply. It turns it into a stain that lasts much longer.
3. Isla Fisher’s gorgeous eyelashes: To make lashes curl better, take a hair dryer to your eyelash curler for one or two seconds before using it.
Perfectly curled eyelashes for Isla. Photo: sofic.co
4. Sandra Bullock de-puff (it works!): Preparation H. It might sound odd, but putting butt cream under my eyes is one of my best beauty secrets, and stops me from getting lines.
Sandra Bullock in a beautiful portrait. Photo: fanshare.com
5. Lucy Liu’s freshness secret: When I was shooting a movie in Montreal, it was freezing. If you take a little bit of Aquaphor and dab it on your face, it keeps your skin looking fresh. I dubbed it Aqua For Everything.
Ageless Lucy Liu. Photo: fanpop.com
6. Olivia Palermo’s evening ritual: Vaseline really helps remove excess make-up. It’s the best trick. I never go to bed without removing my make-up.
Vaselin trick for Olivia Palermo. Photo: fanshare.com
7. Liv Tyler’s rosy skin: After applying foundation and a little blush, dust your face with translucent powder, then mist skin with a rosewater spray and lay a Kleenex over for a second. It makes your face seem flawless in a way that looks as if you aren’t wearing any makeup.
Liv has the perfect skin – and a tip for that too. Photo: popopics.com
8. Freida Pinto’s dewy eyes: If you use petroleum jelly on your lids, it gives you a dewy, angelic look.
Freida loves dewy eyes. Photo: pictoor.com
9. Emma Watson’s face editor. Makeup artist Linda Cantello taught me this tip: If you make a mistake with your mascara, dip a cotton ball into some foundation to remove it and conceal at the same time.
Emma learns from her make-up artist. Photo: hollywoodreporter.com
10. Rachel Bilson’s pick-me-up tip: I dust my cheeks and eyelids with bronzing powder for a natural glow.
Natural beauty for Rachel Bilson. Photo: fanpop.com
Finally, as a little bonus, Lily Collins’ tip: Learn to accept your “flaws.” says Lily, who is known for her bushy eyebrows. Now I embrace them. I’ve realised the quirky things that make you different are what make you beautiful.
Lily’s trademark thick eyebrows. Photo: ohmymag.com